“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Certified MAC Facilitator, Certified Kids Yoga Teacher
Former practicing CPA, CA
Jennifer believes that everyone has the potential to find their true calling in life.
She wants to help you find your path too.
Jennifer left the corporate world working as a Chartered Professional Accountant of 10 years to realize her true calling: helping others improve their well-being. She became a Certified MAC (Mindfulness Ambassador Council) Facilitator through Mindfulness Without Borders at University of Toronto’s Continuing Education program in 2015. In 2016 & 2017, she attended A Mindful Society‘s Conference held at University of Toronto to learn about the latest scientific research on mindfulness. She also took one year of full-time Child & Youth Care courses at Durham College. Currently, she is studying to become a 200-hour Adult Yoga Teacher with MOVE by Tracey McDonald by mid-2018.
In her spare time, Jennifer loves to volunteer on a local therapeutic farm and read non-fiction books, especially these authors: Eckhart Tolle, Louise Hay, Thich Nhat Hanh, and Jon Kabat-Zinn.
- Certified Kids Yoga Teacher with MOVE by Tracey McDonald in April 2018
- Certified MAC Facilitator with Mindfulness Without Borders in November 2015
- Standard First Aid Level C + AED Certification until October 2018
- Attended ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) in October 2014
- Certificate in Operations Management at University of Toronto Continuing Education in 2011
- Volunteer Tutor for 3 years with the Learning Disabilities Association of York Region
- Previous camp counsellor at City of Markham and summer daycare assistant at Upper Canada Child Care in Newmarket
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA) of Ontario since 2007
Her husband, an Engineer-turned-Psychotherapist (in Training), is also passionate about helping to improve other people’s lives. They have two beautiful pets – a Shetland sheepdog and a chinchilla.
If you have any questions for Jennifer about mindfulness, you can e-mail: jen [at] smindful.ca
You can view her full bio on LinkedIn at: https://ca.linkedin.com/in/lookforjen