Simply Mindful was created in January 2018 by Jennifer Ma as a sole proprietorship, in consultation with a group of individuals working in different professions – social workers, teachers, and accountants.
Mindfulness & yoga made simple for everyday life.
To connect people with mindfulness practices in the Greater Toronto Area and around the world.
Our objectives are:
1. To provide access to mindfulness and yoga sessions for individuals, both young and old.
2. To be fully inclusive by providing mindfulness resources that do not require individuals to practice a particular faith or religion.
3. To raise awareness and appreciation of mindfulness in everyday life.
As Jennifer is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), we have taken steps to be as mindful and transparent as possible with our funding and spending.
- Donations from our Ajax free mindfulness sessions, and
- Online affiliate programs.
Our expenses (these links are not part of the affiliate program):
- We use Square as our credit card processing company, which charges only on a per transaction basis. There are no monthly fees.
- Our web hosting company is Siteground.
- For our production of our inspirational videos, we pay a monthly fee to Biteable.
- For our mindfulness sessions, we pay rent to Milestone Montessori.
What are affiliate programs?
It’s a fancy word for “earning commission”. This is a way for blogs to earn income. When a product is purchased online via the links, the vendor will give back a percentage to the blogger. This is at no extra cost to the customer.
Why is Simply Mindful participating?
We need funds to upkeep our website and mindfulness sessions. Mindfulness & yoga are Jennifer’s full-time occupation, so we need to find a viable way to pay for our vendors above.
Simply Mindful’s Promise:
Every product that we link on our website is something that we have read or used thoroughly. We would never recommend a product that we have not tried ourselves. That is our promise.
We also hope that before you purchase, you will consider these 5 things:
- Can you borrow this product from the library or someone you know?
- Will this product add value to your life?
- Can you source it locally?
- If you can’t source it locally, can you purchase a used or electronic version (e.g e-book) to minimize footprint?
- If you do purchase, please share it with friends & family!
Who are your current affiliate/commission earning partners?
Our current affiliates are:
- Amazon Affiliate Canada, an e-commerce website that ships products to your home. To find out more, visit: https://associates.amazon.ca/